I see that we sold out of both books on Sunday so those of you who start a little later can follow a long. The temptation will be to skip a head remember please do not do this because the purpose is to follow in order the book.
I am challenged by the author to do something that requires a lot of discipline for me. That is sticking with the flow of a book or story. If I am familiar with something I tend to want to skip ahead. I found by resisting this temptation I was pleasantly surprised with a few thoughts I never thought of before.
Here are few questions from the work book to answer.
- The Bible is the oldest and longest bestseller. True or false
- In many ways, the bible is like a puzzle - to understand it accurately, the pieces must be put together in the right way. true or false
- The Bible addresses many different subjects and themes. if you randomly mix these themes or subjects together, the result will be:
- a clear understanding of the bible
- The Bible is a Collection of how many different books?
- How many people did God use to write these books?
- Over how many years did it take to write the entire bible?
- According to Scripture who was the author of every single book of the bible?
- What significant claim does the bible make about itself in relation to God?
How can we tell a real prophet of God?
read Deuteronomy Chapter 18 Verse 20 and Verse 22
what did you learn/
Please read the following verses, What are they telling us about the book you are holding in your hand ( The Bible)?
2 Timothy Chapter 3 verse16
2 Peter Chapter 1 verse 20 & 21
Psalm 119 Verse 160
It OK to use the Table of contents to find these books. ( that is what it is there for)