Before we move on to chapter four...did you read the bit about evolution and creationism at the end of chapter three? Take a look at it and also check out the website www.AnswersInGenesis.org it is a great website that really does answer so many of the big questions around this issue. I also have a library of books by Ken Ham if you want to stop by and take one out on loan.
Now for Chapter four: This chapter helps so much in our understanding of ourselves and sin. Especially this issue of "I will" and pride. Isn't it so true that whenever we get our eyes off of God's plan and onto something that will puff up our image it leads to sin! We need to be God-centered people, not "I" centered. But that is so hard to keep straight! It makes sense that the devil started all of that way back then and it has been passed on through Adam ever since doesn't it?
A few questions for you to answer:
1. Lucifer's rebellion was driven by his own ______.
2. To God, a proud heart is a self-centered form of _____.
3. When Satan arrived in the garden, he planted something in Eve's mind that she had never considered -- the creature could ____________ the Creator.
4. Satan first twisted God's Word to cause Eve to doubt God, then he outright _______ it.
5. Just as defying the law of gravity can lead to broken bones, so violating God's Word has ramifications. The most bitter consequence of sin is _____________.
Now that Adam has sinned man has a sin nature, often called Adam's nature. This nature is man's condition -- it's like a sickness. The symptoms of that condition are acts of sin.
Read Romans 5:12 and Matthew 25:41
Man has a big problem that only God can solve...stay tuned and keep reading so you can see the amazing beauty of God's plan unfold!