Monday, October 25, 2010

All Have Sinned...

I believe that Jesus did not come to condemn anyone, but to redeem and free any particular form of bondage in which people find themselves. I would echo the Biblical message of compassion, forgiveness and redemption for individuals, but believe that, as a Christian, I must stand firm in moral opposition to anything that legitimizes sin and instructs children and youth in behavior that is unbiblical and harmful. However, let me say that, I also stand firm against any form of evil; including prejudice, bigotry, and violence.

My message here is to try to effectively communicate a message of liberation from sin, all sins, including sexual sins, and to convey support and understanding for those facing the reality of the power of sin to hold them in it's grip. Homosexual tendencies are just one of many disorders that Christ offers to heal. Redemption for all who have sinned is the process by which sin's power is broken, and the individual is freed to know and experience true identity as discovered in Christ, His Word and His Church.

When I was a kid I experienced a few broken bones. One broken arm comes to mind when I think about the process of healing. That day my father faithfully drove me to the hospital to get it fixed and because of the kind of break I had, before any healing could take place, some major correction must be made! My father firmly held my upper arm and the doctor grabbed my wrist and they both PULLED!!! The result was good, but the pain was NOT! The broken bone was set, a cast was applied and the miracle of healing could begin. Those two men were committed to my health and growth, NOT my comfort. If they had not intervened, I would have been handicapped for life.
I believe God is committed to our health and growth too, not our comfort. Just because it would feel better not to have to talk about sexual sins, doesn't mean we shouldn't. God's Word is full of very blunt statements which we should hear, absorb and allow to make us healthy and whole. It is my hope that this blog may help to equip you to carry out this healing partnership with the Great Physician, Jesus Christ.

Read the following Scriptures and ask the Spirit of God to grant you His wisdom:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Romans 12:2; Galatians 5:16-25; 1 Peter 2:24; Romans 15:1-2; Galatians 6:1-2; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27.

Thank God that He is available to transform the life of all persons, including you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment